Kitchen cupboards
Bugger it’s September - who knew? How did that happen?
Yesterday I had a whole day to myself. Well most of it give or take 30 miles of mum taxi ing in my least favourite driving conditions, the ones I dread.
It was the perfect opportunity to tidy up, get jobs done, declutter and sort (I should do a vlog or have a tik tok channel).
At one point It occurred to me that I no longer need kitchen cupboards. As cups bowls, spoons, glasses and plates oscillate directly between dishwasher and teenage bedroom, and 4 cupboards are dedicated to medical care, as is all other storage space I can improvise - and a large portion of the dining table. Very little is left for food storage. Gone are the days of baking, although the lack of a working oven has not helped - but is possibly also why I never fixed it. Now, my priorities are elsewhere. To make space, and organise (you’d never get Stacey doing this version) I hauled everything out of the medical cupboards and sorted by date with older stuff at the back and discarding expired items. This has to be done using the almost impossible to read expiry dates and not the much easier to read issue dates. And now that I have woken recovered next morning I realise it is September, not August and I have no idea where the time went. What it does mean is I have organised my cupboards wrong 😑 . I need some other kind of system, one that isn’t meant to be a kitchen. Any ideas?
Comments
Post a Comment